TomTom today announces the availability of its latest map and enhancement product portfolio. Navigable map coverage was added in Vietnam, Cyprus and Tunisia, as well as new attribution and enhanced content, such as Address Points and Points of Interest globally. Providing nearly 36 million kilometers of navigable coverage, TomTom maps power a broad range of location aware applications and GIS solutions globally.
"Further growth in the Latin America and APAC regions, as well as the addition of coverage in new geographies, demonstrates TomTom's commitment to providing customers with a map that meets all of their location needs," said Charles Cautley, Managing Director of TomTom Automotive & Licensing. "Through a hybrid approach, using both community input and traditional sources, TomTom produces the freshest and most accurate map that meets or exceeds the demands of customers in the automotive, enterprise and government markets."
The TomTom map continues to be industry leading with 35.8 million kilometers of roads, covering 109 countries and 3.6 billion people worldwide; enhancements since Q3 include:
- The introduction of a MultiNet map for Vietnam, providing coverage for 100% of the population (272,000 km).
- The launch of the first ConnectPlus map of Cyprus introducing over 9,000 km for a popular holiday island.
- The availability of a ConnectPlus map for the African countries of Tunisia, Burundi and Rwanda, adding over 130,000 km.
- Over 80,000 km were added in Mexico, bringing coverage to 74% of the population.
- In Brazil, 35 cities in the provinces of Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro & Paraná were upgraded to navigable coverage.
- Across Western Europe, 55,000 km were added or realigned, street names and house number ranges were updated and speed limits were verified.
- The map of India now covers 100% of the urban population (286 million people).
- In Saudi Arabia, 12,000 km were added.
- In addition to extending coverage, TomTom also introduced new advanced features and enhanced content, including:
Addition of Points of Interest to improve search capability:
- 300,000 in India
- 100,000 in APAC region, including 21,000 in Vietnam
- 70,000 in Africa
- 45,000 in Russia
- 33,000 in Brazil.
Addition of Address Points supporting effective geocoding and navigation:
- 1,400,000 in the United States
- 85,000 in Malaysia
- 64,000 in India
- 54,000 in Thailand
- 31,000 in Russia
- 31,000 in Taiwan.
Integration of the U.S. Census boundary data to support geocoding and many demographic applications.
The 2011.12 release of the TomTom map product and enhancement product portfolio is available today.
This product might not be compatible with your TomTom device. More info link